All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionSt. Gerard Majella, the Wonder-Worker and Patron of Expectant Mothers, is a major, major Saint of the Catholic Church. Though he died of tuberculosis at only 29 and though he was only a lay brother, he achieved great sanctity, such that his religious superiors attested that he had t only t committed any mortal sins, but that they could t detect that he had ever been guilty of any sin at all! A tailor by profession before he entered the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer-the Redemptorists-at age 26, St. Gerard became famous for his miracles, cures, charities, ecstasies, mortifications, prayers, purity, obedience, zeal for souls, discernment of spirits, penetration of hearts, infused kwledge, prophecies, kwledge of distant events, bilocations, and power over nature and over human hearts-and even over the devil. This book also describes his death, funeral, miracles after his death, and his beatification and canization, plus, the widespread devotion to him that soon sprang up everywhere. The reader will search far and wide to find ather Saint's life as inspiring as that of St. Gerard Majella! For God has surely manifested His approval of this His servant and his wonderful sanctity by allowing this sanctity to be manifested to the world by so many and such great miracles. Here is a book that the whole family will enjoy!
- Author BiographyThe Rev. Father Edward Saint-Omer, C.SS.R., was a priest and author of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. His spiritual biography entitled St. Gerard Majella: The Wonder-Worker and Patron of Expectant Mothers chronicles the unique and powerful life of the saint, whose fellow-monks could not attest to a single sin committed by him. Father Saint-Omer's work was originally published around 1907 by Mission Church Press, Boston, with the title of The Wonder-Worker of Our Days: The Life, Virtues, and Miracles of St. Gerard Majella, Lay Brother of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer. It has since been reproduced complete and unabridged from the Second Edition, and was published by TAN in 1999.
- Author(s)Edward Saint-Omer,Saint-Omer
- PublisherTan Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1907
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTan Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width109 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.