All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe raid on the port of St Nazaire in March 1942 by a sea-borne task force from British Combined Operations remains one of the most impressive actions of World War II. The port lies at the mouth of the River Loire, and in 1942 as well as a U-boat base it contained the massive Normandie dock. Originally built for the pre-war construction of the giant Atlantic liner of the same name, the Normandie dock was the only facility on the Atlantic coast large eugh to accommodate the German twin battleships Bismarck and Tirpitz. This volume tells the full story of the raid on St Nazaire, a raid that would deny the use of the dock to the Tirpitz, and which constituted a vital step in the Battle of the Atlantic.
- Author BiographyKen Ford has made a long term study of many of the battles of the Second World War and has already published books on the Assault crossing of the River Seine in 1944 and the battle for Geilenkirchen. TBC
- Author(s)Ken Ford
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/10/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.92
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note15 colour & 46 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight323 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.