All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionStable Isotope Geochemistry is an introduction to the use of stable isotopes in the geosciences. For students and scientists alike the book will be a primary source of information with regard to how and where stable isotopes can be used to solve geological problems. It is subdivided into three parts: i) theoretical and experimental principles, ii) fractionation processes of light and heavy elements, iii) the natural variations of geologically important reservoirs. In the last decade, major advances in multicollector-ICP-mass-spectrometry enable the precise determination of a wide range of transition and heavy elements. Progress in analysing the rare isotopes of certain elements allows the distinction between mass-dependent and mass-independent fractionations. These major advances in analytical techniques make an extended new edition necessary. Special emphasis has been given to the growing field of n-traditional isotope systems. Many new references have been added, which will enable quick access to recent literature.
- Author BiographyJochen Hoefs has been working in the field of stable isotope geochemistry of the elements hydrogen, lithium, carbon, oxygen and sulfur since 1965. His main scientific interests include the stable isotope geochemistry of the mantle and lower crust, the genesis of basaltic and granitic magmas, water/rock interactions under hydrothermal conditions, the history of the ocean and the atmosphere and the application of stable isotopes to environmental problems. He has published about 150 scientific papers, mostly in international journals.
- Author(s)Jochen Hoefs
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication10/07/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 98 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight771 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.