Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA gift and a rarity: a superb new romantic comedy that s moving, smart and flat-out hilarious... You will have difficulty breathing. Stage Kiss is that funny. Jesse Green, New York In Stage Kiss passion and fidelity engage in a kind of elegant pas de deuxAt once a kwing send-up of the hazy half-truths of stage naturalism and a meditation on the nature of desire and sexual fantasy, the play manages to be both wholly original and instantly recognizable. John Lahr, New Yorker A kckabout farce that channels Noel Coward and Michael Frayn. Chris Jones, Chicago Tribune Wickedly clever... Ruhl s unique, breezily elegant dialogue is fully present. Steven Oxman, Variety A lively blend of romantic comedy and backstage farce... Stage Kiss reminds us of how the artifice of theater can stir real emotions t just for those who create it, but for those who attend it, too. Charles Isherwood, New York Times When estranged lovers are thrown together as romantic leads in a long-forgotten 1930s melodrama, the line between offstage and onstage begins to blur. Here, Sarah Ruhl, one of America s most widely produced playwrights, brings her unique mix of lyricism, sparkling humor and fierce intelligence to the world of romantic comedy. The play asks us to consider what is real, both in love and in art. Sarah Ruhl s plays include the Pulitzer Prize finalists In the Next Room or the vibrator play (Tony Award minee, Best Play) and The Clean House (Susan Smith Blackburn Award), as well as Passion Play, a cycle ; Dead Man s Cell Phone ; Dear Elizabeth ; Eurydice ; Melancholy Play and Late: a cowboy song. She is the recipient of a Whiting Writers Award, a PEN/Laura Pels Award and a MacArthur Fellowship.
- Author BiographySarah Ruhl's other plays include the Pulitzer Prize finalists In the Next Room (or the vibrator play) and The Clean House, as well as Passion Play, Dean Man's Cell Phone, Demeter in the City, Eurydice, Melancholy Play, and Late: a cowboy song. She is the recipient of a Whiting Writers' Award, a PEN/Laura Pels Award, and a MacArthur Fellowship. Her plays have premiered on Broadway, off-Broadway, and in many theaters around the world.
- Author(s)Sarah Ruhl
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Weight200 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.