All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuccinct and jargon free, Stage Rigging Handbook remains the only book in any language that covers the design, operation, and maintenance of stage-rigging equipment. It is written in an at-a-glance out-line form, yet contains in-depth information available where else. This fully indexed third edition includes three new parts: the first, an explanation of inspection procedures for rigging systems; the second, a discussion of training in the operation of rigging systems; and the third, essential information about the operation of fire curtains. The remaining six parts, as well as the glossary and bibliography, have been updated. This edition also contains a new preface, many new illustrations, and expanded information on Nicopress terminations. Glerum explains that four main principles make up the core of this book: kw the rigging system; keep it in safe working order; kw how to use it; and keep your concentration. Glerum applies these principles to all of the major types of stage rigging systems, including block and tackle, hemp, counterweight, and motorized. He describes each type of rigging, then thoroughly reviews the operating procedures and methods of inspecting existing systems.
- Author BiographyJay O. Glerum holds seminars on stage rigging throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe. A fellow of the United States Institute for Theatre Technology, he has served as chair of the Rigging and Stage Machinery Standards Committee of the Institute and has taught at Seattle University, Marquette University, and the University of Washington. He is president of Jay O. Glerum & Associates, Inc., a firm specializing in consulting for the entertainment industry.
- Author(s)Jay O. Glerum
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2007
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Content Note227 illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.