All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCalifornia was the mining centre of the West for half a century. Wherever precious minerals were found, road agents appeared to mine the roads of treasure being shipped out and payrolls being shipped in. The first recorded robbery of a stagecoach occurred in 1856, and the last in 1913. Over that period there were 457 stagecoach robberies, many with special characteristics such as a claim the robbers were Confederate soldiers, a murder, a gun battle, or a thrilling pursuit and capture. Surprisingly, there were many robberies in which the perpetrator remained unkwn or in which was so little stolen the robber was t even sought out. This book gives all the details of those robberies taken from the contemporary newspapers and from a variety of other sources.
- Author BiographyR. Michael Wilson has been researching and writing about the history of the American West for more than a decade. A retired law enforcement officer, he is the author of numerous books on crime and capital punishment. He is a member of the Wild West History Association, and Western Writers of America.
- Author(s)R. Michael Wilson
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.