Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe two decades between the California gold rush and the golden-spike ceremony in Utah comprised the golden age of stagecoaching in America. Around this sure-fire theme Ralph Moody has woven an accurate and colorful tapestry . ( Journal of American History ). Step aboard [Moody's] coach and take a rollicking ride through prime Americana . (Mark L. Gardner, from the introduction). Stagecoach West is a comprehensive history of stagecoaching west of the Missouri. Starting with the evolution of overland passenger transportation, Moody moves on to paint a lively and informative picture of western stagecoaching, from its early short runs through its rise with the gold rush, its zenith of 1858-68, and beyond. Its story is one of grand rivalries, political chicanery, and gaudy publicity stunts, traders, fortune hunters, outlaws, courageous drivers, and indefatigable detectives. We meet colorful characters such as Charlie Parkhurst, a stagecoach driver who took an amazing secret to his death: he was actually a woman. Using contemporary accounts, illustrations, maps, and photographs to flesh out his narrative, Moody creates one of the most important accounts of transportation history to date. Ralph Moody is best kwn for his eight Little Britches books, which have delighted three generations of readers. Introducer Mark L. Gardner is the author of Brothers on the Santa Fe and Chihuahua Trails and the forthcoming Wagons for the Santa Fe Trade .
- Author BiographyRalph Moody is best known for his eight Little Britches books, which have delighted three generations of readers.Introducer Mark L. Gardner is the author of Brothers on the SantaFe and Chihuahua Trails and Wagons for the Santa Fe Trade.
- Author(s)Ralph Moody
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1998
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note1
- Weight483 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byMark L. Gardner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.