All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can plays and performances, past and present, inform our understanding of aging? Drawing primarily on the Western dramatic can, on contemporary British theater, on popular culture, and on paratheatrical practices, Staging Ageing investigates theatrical engagement with aging from the Greek chorus to Reminiscence Theater. It also explores the relationship of the plays, performances, and practices to the material, social, and ideological conditions that produced them. A foundational work on the cultural past and present of aging, the book will find grateful audiences t only among scholars but also among theater and health care professionals.
- Author BiographyMichael Mangan is professor of drama at Loughborough University, UK.
- Author(s)Michael Mangan
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Note8 halftones
- Weight528 g
- Width172 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.