All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionStaging Subversions: The Performance-within-a-Play in French Classical Theater defines a new type of metadrama using Le Tartuffe as its paradigm and explores the complex, ambiguous, and enlightening relationships that metadrama maintains with the social and political orders. While metadramatic scenes are most often concerned with theater itself, the performance-within-a-play adopts an important function in the play's plot, and, consequently, in the social world of the play. The performance-within-a-play is particularly associated by the classical playwrights with the family structure, with the class system, with women's social roles, and with the politics of absolutism.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Kimberly Cashman received her Ph.D. in French from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey and then worked as Visiting Assistant Professor at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Kimberly Cashman
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCurrents in Comparative Romance Languages & Literatures
- Series Part/Volume Number134
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight350 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byMichael G. Paulson,Tamara Alvarez-Detrell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.