All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith this fully revised fourth edition, Dr Stahl returns to the essential roots of what it means to become a neurobiologically empowered psychopharmacologist, expertly guided in the selection and combination of treatments for individual patients in practice. Embracing the unifying themes of 'symptom endophetypes', dimensions of psychopathology that cut across syndromes, and 'symptoms and circuits', every aspect of the text has been updated to the frontiers of current kwledge, with the clarity of explanation and illustration that only Dr Stahl can bring. Integrating much of the basic neuroscience into the clinical chapters, and with major additions in the areas of psychosis, antipsychotics, antidepressants, impulsivity, compulsivity and addiction, this is the single most readily readable source of information on disease and drug mechanisms. This remains the essential text for all students and professionals in mental health seeking to understand and utilize current therapeutics, and to anticipate the future for vel medications.
- Author BiographyStephen M. Stahl is Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Diego, USA and Honorary Visiting Senior Fellow in Psychiatry at the University of Cambridge, UK. He has conducted various research projects awarded by the National Institute of Mental Health, the Veterans Administration and the pharmaceutical industry. Author of more than 350 articles and chapters, Dr Stahl is the author of the bestsellers Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology and The Prescriber's Guide.
- Author(s)Stephen M. Stahl
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note588 colour illus. 57 tables
- Weight1340 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nancy Muntner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.