All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe arresting beauty of Shusaku Endo's fiction is best kwn in the West through his highly acclaimed vels The Samurai and Silence. His consummately wrought short stories, with their worlds of deep shadows and achieved clarity, are less familiar. The dozen stories of Stained Glass Elegies, selected by the author together with his translator, display the full range of Endo's talents in short fiction.
- Author BiographyShusaku Endo was born in Tokyo in 1923 and died in 1996. After his parents divorced, he and his mother converted to Catholicism-a faith which is central to many of his tales. He is widely regarded as Japan's leading writer and has won all his country's major literary prizes, including the Akutagawa, the Noma, the Shincho, and the Tanizaki.
- Author(s)Shusaku Endo
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication14/11/1990
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleNew Directions Revived Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight200 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byVan C. Gessel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.