All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing six stained glass windows from around the world, this book explores stories told through the art form, from Greek myth in Patrick Reyhtiens' Hercules and the Boar to biblical tale in The Adoration of the Magi. Each stained glass window is looked at in detail, and a more general introduction to the medium provides historical context. Fun, step-by-step projects show children how to create their own stained glass windows, using the techniques of the art form. Learn how to design a colourful candle holder and make a window hanging! The Stories in Art series explores the narratives told through different art mediums. A great introduction to the history of art for children at Key Stage 2.
- Author BiographyRichard Spilsbury has worked in educational publishing for more than 20 years and has written on a variety of subjects, from climate change and food and farming to art history and design.
- Author(s)Richard Spilsbury
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleStories in Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content NoteFull colour photographs
- Weight162 g
- Width199 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.