Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionCarl is an idealist wanting to possess perfect kwledge and believing he does through subconscious exposure to the works of a surreal artist. Carl sees in dreams surreal images painted by a famous artist. He is disinterested in people, until his friends all drop dead through natural causes leaving him impressive gifts after which he discards his idealism and finds true wisdom. Alone, his understanding of life becomes hazy and he has a violent meltdown. Inevitably, he finds himself in an institution where in his lucid moments he is charming and draws a male employee, Daniel, to him. The two fall in love. When he is just about cured they go to Malawi where they marry. Unkwn to them however gay marriages are illegal there. Daniel dies in a chase by the police and Carl finds himself in prison. Eventually, he runs amok and murders several fellow prisoners, stabbing himself afterwards. He hopes to rejoin Daniel in the next world. A tale highlighing the absurdities of the human condition.
- Author BiographyZan McDowell was educated at the UWI and the University of Cambridge. She worked as a university academic for several years. Semi-retired, she spends her free time painting and writing novels, mainly set in the Caribbean where she resides with her family. She has a number of fiction and non-fiction publications to her credit.
- Author(s)Zan McDowell
- Date of Publication10/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.