All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAt what point does following a person, or trying to intimidate him or her into accepting one's advances, become stalking ? How is stalking related to gender? Who is the stalker? What are the long-term effects of stalking? These are among the many issues explored in this groundbreaking empirical investigation. This book based on two special issues of the journal Violence & Victims presents in-depth findings on both victim and perpetrator, and includes a new understanding of the categories of stalking behavior: simple obsessional, love obsessional, and erotomaniac.
- Author BiographyKeith Davis, PhD, is Professor of Psychology and former chair of the Department of Psychology at the University of South Carolina, Columbia. He earned his PhD in social-personality psychology at Duke University in 1962, and has taught at Princeton, Rutgers, and the University of Colorado, Boulder. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 9), The American Psychological Society, and a recent winner of the University's Educational Foundation Award for Research in the Humanities and the Social Sciences. He was a founding associate editor of Personal Relationships. His contributions include the foundation of attribution theory, the application of attachment theory to adult romantic relationships, the development of friendship and love relationships, and more recently, the predictors and consequences of psychological abuse and stalking. He is the author or co-author of more than 95 articles, books, and book chapters.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Notebibliographical references, index
- Weight742 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byIrene Hanson Frieze,Keith E. Davis,Roland D. Maiuro
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.