All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen war veteran Stan Hopewell's beloved wife Joyce became seriously ill, he turned to art. Though he had never painted in his life, art became his means of expressing his love for Joyce, conveying his belief in the power of God, dealing with hardship, and celebrating the life that he and Joyce had shared. This is the powerful and life-affirming story of a man compelled to paint t by his passion for art, but by an inherent creative spirit. The urge toward creative expression was so surprising and the results so remarkable that he assumed his 'talent' came from God. This spiritual relationship guided him through the hardships and challenges of life, and led to using his extraordinary capacity to give potent visual form to all manner of events and emotions. His life story acts as a parallel text to the works, illustrating and informing each complex painting.
- Author(s)Ted Snell
- PublisherUWA Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCrawley, WA
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Weight600 g
- Width193 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.