All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionBroad in scope and deep in analysis, this biography of Stan Musial details t only the personality and the accomplishments of the man, but artfully examines his life against the backdrop of the Great Depression, which the already-impoverished Musial family endured. It looks at Stan's support racial integration in baseball, as well as the tragedy that struck his hometown of Dora, Pennsylvania, and claimed many lives, including his father's. The slew of never-before-published material and revealing anecdotes gained through numerous exclusive interviews with former classmates, relatives, friends, teammates, and contemporaries allow this book to shed fresh light on the legendary Musial while making the book a must-read for all baseball fans. This updated, paperback edition includes a new, commemorative section written after Musial's passing.
- Author BiographyWayne Stewart has written more than 500 sports articles for publications such as Baseball Digest, Boys' Life, and USA Today Baseball Weekly, and is the author of 25 books, including Babe Ruth: A Biography and Baseball Dads. He lives in Lorain, Ohio.
- Author(s)Wayne Stewart
- PublisherTriumph Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight403 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.