All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis definitive machine design handbook covers every aspect of machine construction and operation Packed with worked-out problems and numerical examples, the Handbook provides the most practical, up-to-date information available on basic design considerations and the creation of specific elements. Includes updated codes and standards for CAD and computational methods.
- Author BiographyJoseph E. Shigley (deceased) was Professor Emeritus at the University of Michigan, Fellow in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, received the Worcester Reed Warner medal in 1977 and their Machine Design Award in 1985. He was the author of eight books, including Theory of Machines and Mechanisms (with John J. Uicker, Jr.), and Applied Mechanics of Materials and Coeditor-in-Chief of the Standard Handbook of Machine Design. Charles R. Mischke, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa. He has authored many technical papers on designing to a reliability specification, computer-aided design, and design morphology. His was Coeditor-in-Chief, with J.E. Shigley, of the Standard Handbook of Machine Design, First and Second Editions. Thomas Hunter Brown, Jr., Ph.D., PE, is Professor of Mechanical Engineering at North Carolina State University. He currently manages both the FE review program and the Civil Engineering PE Review Program at the University's Institute for Transportation Research and Education (ITRE), in addition to fulfilling his course development and teaching responsibilities. Brown also teaches review courses for the Mechanical Engineering PE Review Program offered by the University and a private professional development firm. Prior to coming to NC State, Dr. Brown worked as a mechanical engineer for Scientific-Atlanta, Inc., Fluor Daniel Construction, and Burlington Industries, where he specialized in stress analysis and machine design.
- Author(s)Charles R. Mischke,Joseph E. Shigley,Thomas H. Brown
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1814 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine61 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.