All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStandardized Work with TWI: Eliminating Human Errors in Production and Service Processes presents the Training within Industry (TWI) program and describes how it can influence and alter one's understanding of work standardization. Work standardization is the key to eliminating human errors from manufacturing and service processes. Work standardization is t just the creation of job instructions-it is a comprehensive approach in which employees are formally trained and their skills in the area of work improvement are developed by kaizen sessions. With poor instructions, though, the effectiveness of these two key activities in the work standardization process is practically impossible to achieve. The book introduces you to 41 rules for standard work instruction (SWI) preparation. Following these rules will ensure that the instructions in your company are ideally suited to train operators and improve work. The author developed these rules based on his professional experience and practice within the TWI program in more than 120 manufacturing and service enterprises, while creating thousands of SWIs. These rules are a clear set of signposts that will help you develop a correct SWI on the first attempt without any unnecessary correction of errors. The quality of SWIs significantly affects how on-the-job training sessions are run, as well as how work analysis with respect to improvement is conducted.
- Author BiographyBartosz Misiurek, PhD, first gained Lean implementation experience in the automotive and food industries. He then continued developing under the supervision of international experts Marek Piatkowski, a former director of Canadian Toyota, and Richard Abercrombie, a former Boeing manager and a consultant of the TWI Institute. Since 2007, he has been responsible at the Lean Enterprise Institute Poland for the transfer of the TWI program from the United States, and then for its development in Poland. He currently is the chief executive officer (CEO) at Leantrix Company, which among others provides computer systems that aid the implementation of TWI programs.
- Author(s)Bartosz Misiurek
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note35 colour illustrations, 48 black & white tables
- Weight614 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.