All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionA book to return us to our natural posture of an upright spine on legs and feet that are active and at ease, and a head that is aligned and alive. Our habits with chairs, cars, computers and the rest encourage the body to collapse and the mind with it. This book also gives lumius information about using the four actions mentioned in the context of meditation.The detailed instructions and drawings in this book are based on the teachings of Vanda Scaravelli and enable each part of the body to play its part in waking up to a wholeness that is totally transformative for each of us. Although the inspiration for Standing, Sitting, Walking Running comes from the awareness that yoga practice brings, it is designed to be used by anyone with an interest in better posture and a better functioning body and only the most basic understanding of yoga principles is required.
- Author BiographyJenny Beeken is the author of five bestselling yoga books: YOGA OF THE HEART, YOUR YOGA BODYMAP, YOUR YOGA BIRTHGUIDE, DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH and ANCIENT WISDOM. She is the founder-principal of the Inner Yoga Trust school and has herself taught all over the world, most recently in Australia. She has a particular interest in remedial yoga and yoga in pregnancy. She was trained initially by the great practitioner B K S Iyengar and attended his classes in India in person, but more recent influences have been the teachers Victor and Angela Farmer and Vanda Scaravelli. She has had a lifelong association with the White Eagle Lodge and was first introduced to yoga there by its then 'Mother' Joan Hodgson. She lives in Petersfield, Hampshire.
- Author(s)Jenny Beeken
- PublisherPolair Publishing
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolair Publishing
- Content NoteColour photographs and line drawings
- Weight82 g
- Width200 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.