All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent decades, some of the most celebrated and culturally influential American oratorical performances have come t from political leaders or religious visionaries, but from stand-up comics. Even though comedy and satire have been addressed by rhetorical scholarship in recent decades, little attention has been paid to stand-up. This collection is an attempt to further cultivate the growing conversation about stand-up comedy from the perspective of the rhetorical tradition. It brings together literatures from rhetorical, cultural, and humor studies to provide a unique exploration of stand-up comedy that both argues on behalf of the form's capacity for social change and attempts to draw attention to a series of otherwise unrecognized rhetors who have made significant contributions to public culture through comedy.
- Author BiographyMatthew R. Meier is an Assistant Professor of Communication Studies at West Chester University in West Chester, PA. Casey R. Schmitt is an Assistant Professor of Communication at Lakeland College in Howards Grove, WI.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byCasey R. Schmitt,Matthew R. Meier
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.