All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHjort argues that Stanley Kwan's contribution in Center Stage is to develop an approach to nfiction filmmaking that is realist without being naive. The value of the film's reflexive dimension, Hjort shows, has thing to do with poststructuralist skepticism but with the compelling manifestation of a communicative model that serves as an alternative to hierarchical and authoritarian modes of social organization.
- Author BiographyMette Hjort is Professor and Program Director of Visual Studies at Lingnan University in Hong Kong and Professor of Intercultural Studies at Aalborg University in Denmark. She was for many years Director of Cultural Studies at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Her latest book, The Cinema of Small Nations (with Duncan Petrie), is forthcoming from the University of Edinburgh Press.
- Author(s)Mette Hjort
- PublisherHong Kong University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleThe New Hong Kong Cinema Series
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintHong Kong University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.