All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStaphylococcus aureus is w ackwledged as being the most important bacterial pathogen of humans. It usually produces localized disease but can be rapidly invasive, spreading through the tissues, invading bone, and seeding the bloodstream to produce a fulminant picture of septic shock, disseminated intravascular coagulation, and rapid death. Moreover, most strains of staph infections are becoming resistant to most antibiotics, thus posing a significant problem for hospitals and health care facilities. This book, a volume in the Infectious Agents and Pathogenesis series, presents chapters by the major researchers in the field.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/12/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleInfectious Agents and Pathogenesis
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAllen Honeyman,Herman Friedman,Mauro Bendinelli
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2001
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.