All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese are the guitars so famous that their names are often household words: B. B. King's Lucille, Eric Clapton's Blackie, Stevie Ray Vaughan's First Wife, Billy F Gibbons' Pearly Gates, Neil Young's Old Black, and many more. Here's the first ever illustrated history of the actual guitars of the stars that made the music. Other best selling guitar histories look at the rank and file models, but this book is unique in profiling the actual star guitars -the million dollar babies, such as the 1968 Stratocaster that Jimi Hendrix burned at Woodstock, which sold at Sotheby's auction house in 1993 for $1,300,000. Amateurs buy guitars to emulate the stars-Clapton's Strat, Slash's Les Paul-and this book explains the stars' modifications, thus showing how others can recreate those famous tones.
- Author BiographyDAVE HUNTER is an author, musician, and journalist. He is the author of several popular books about guitars, amps, and effects, including Voyageur Press's Star Guitars, The Fender Stratocaster, The Gibson Les Paul, and 365 Guitars, Amps & Effects You Must Play. A regular contributor to Guitar Player and Vintage Guitar magazines, he resides in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Dave Hunter
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication21/09/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Note700 illustrations
- Weight1687 g
- Width241 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.