All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStar Pebble is a fast-paced action vel. The action takes place in the near future, in space colonies orbiting the Earth. It explores a culture where life is more precious than in Terran cultures and looks at how this affects the individual lives as well as the relationships between the characters. It also looks at the very question of how to define life and what our destiny as sentient humans might be. Star Pebble is a look at what your future may be like, sooner than you think.
- Author BiographyLinda Chamberlain's involvement in life extension started more than 40 years ago, when she and her life partner, Fred Chamberlain III, started the Alcor Life Extension Foundation in California in 1972. She was Alcor's Cryotransport Manager from 1997 to 2001, and she actively participated in the biostasis of both her father-in-law, Fred Chamberlain, Jr. ( the first Alcor patient in 1976: http: //www.lifepact.com/frcjr.htm) and her mother, Arlene Fried in 1990 (see Linda's article, Her Blue Eyes Will Sparkle: http: //www.alcor.org/Library/html/casereport9012.htm). In the 1980s, Linda and Fred wrote short stories about cryonics and life extension. These stories, together with a few by other authors, were compiled into a book called LifeQuest: (http: //www.amazon.com/LifeQuest-Cryonics-Uploading-Transhuman-Adventures/dp/1448646618). With today's exponentially changing technology, Linda's primary life extension focus is the preservation of identity through substrate independent minds (SIM). Linda and Fred are active participants in the research programs of Terasem Movement, Inc. and are building extensive mind files, seeing their arrangements to be frozen as no longer their primary avenue to preservation of their identity, but as an adjunct by hopefully being able to have their brains mapped as supplementary information for their cybertwins (Blog on Cybertwins: http: //hyperbeings.blogspot.com/)(see also the blog by Dr. Martine Rothblatt: http: //mindclones.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=8). Linda and Fred also produce a weekly podcast on the Truths of Terasem (http: //itunes.apple.com/podcast/truths-of-terasem-podcasts/id383099543). The podcasts explore the post-Singularity potential for humanity, personal identity preservation, and the need for geoethical nanotechnology if humanity is to survive the Singularity that we may encounter as soon as 2029.
- Author(s)Linda Chamberlain
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.