About this product
- DescriptionFor the filly Estrella, thing is more precious than freedom. She was born at sea, chattel to men sailing to the New World in search of gold. But Estrella and her herd escaped the conquerors and embarked on a journey across thousands of miles -- braving harsh terrains and fierce predators -- to a land where they can finally run wild. But w, an unforeseen danger threatens to destroy the pack. A boy with a special gift is lost in the wilderness, and only the horses can keep him alive. But to save the boy, the herd will have to abandon their quest, and risk galloping straight back into the hands-and harnesses- of their captors. And so, it's up to Estrella, the herd's unlikely leader, to make a life-changing decision. Should the horses accept the orphan boy as one of their own? How do you choose between freedom and friendship?
- Author BiographyKathryn Lasky is the Newbery Honor-winning author of over one hundred books for children and young adults. Her beloved Guardians of Ga'Hoole fantasy series has more than seven million copies in print, and she is the author of the Daughters of the Sea series, the Wolves of the Beyond series, as well as A Time for Courage and other Dear America titles. Kathryn has also written a number of critically acclaimed nonfiction titles, such as Beyond The Burning Time and True North. She lives with her husband in Cambridge, MA.
- Author(s)Kathryn Lasky
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleHorses of the Dawn
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Weight227 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.