Star Spangled Soccer: The Selling, Marketing and Management of Soccer in the USA by Gary Hopkins (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.20+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.60Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStar-Spangled Soccer traces the development of soccer in the USA. It is the first book that tells the story of how the sport rose to extreme highs and suffered almost catastrophic lows as it fought to position itself on the American sports landscape, beginning with the anuncement from FIFA in 1988 that America would host the 1994 World Cup.
- Author BiographyGARY HOPKINS has an MBA from Warwick Business School in the UK, a Sports Science degree from Loughborough University and is a qualified Teacher He is a passionate soccer fan supporting Coventry City , England the USA National Team (when they are not playing England) and D.C. United and has spent 20 years as a senior executive in the USA Soccer and Sports Marketing Industry. As President and CEO of API Soccer and API Sponsorship he oversaw the Commercial and Television rights for the United States Soccer Federation and the United States Youth Soccer Association raising millions of dollars in sponsorship revenue from corporate America, developing strategic Marketing plans to promote soccer at all levels and producing and airing over 70 USA National Team men's and women's game. API Soccer was also a founding investor in Major League Soccer and Managing Partner of DC United. Gary also co-authored a 1999 Major League Soccer market research report and in the early 90s Published Americas first full color monthly soccer magazine and owned the US Television rights to English League Soccer. As the Managing Director of Octagon's Sport Marketing Properties Division and Marketing Board Member he represented a multitude of other sports properties including 5 year highly successful partnership with the United States Track and Field Association where he negotiated the world largest apparel sponsorship for the sport He owes everything he learned about marketing and 'selling' soccer in America from a 4 year career selling for the Xerox organization fresh out of college ! An invaluable training ground for the early battles and rejections thrown US Soccer's way Gary brings a unique perspective on the commercial development of the sport in the USA reflected upon by someone who was there from the beginning, engaged at the sharp end , understands the forces and events that have shaped soccer in America and has access to the key people and personalities that made it happen.
- Author(s)Gary Hopkins
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/05/2010
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight665 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.