All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn original vel set in the universe of Star Trek: The Original Series! The Xondaii system-located in an area of n-aligned space near Federation and Romulan territory-is home to a unique stellar phemen: a spatial rift which opens every 2.7 Earth years, remains open for a period of approximately twenty-one Earth days, and allows access to a small planetoid that orbits in proximity to the system's fourth planet. During this brief window, the people of Xondaii undertake a massive interplanetary operation: mineral ore is ferried from the mining operation while supplies, crew replacements, and so on are transported from the planet. Also, communications with the mining colony on the planetoid are possible only when the rift is open. Science vessel U.S.S. Robert Ballard is severely damaged during its mission to the system, and the U.S.S. Enterprise is dispatched to investigate and render assistance. But Kirk, Spock, and Sulu also collect the data about the rift, and the evidence they've gathered regarding its artificial nature is compelling. How has this t been discovered by anyone from Xondaii, especially when considering the extensive mining operations that have been in place for decades? And what can prevent enemies of the Federation from exploiting this newfound power?
- Author BiographyDayton Ward served for eleven years in the U.S. Marine Corps before discovering the private sector and the piles of cash to be made as a software engineer. He got his start in professional writing by placing stories in each of the first three Star Trek: Strange New Worlds anthologies. He is the author of dozens of Star Trek novels, many written in collaboration with coauthor Kevin Dilmore. Still reeling from the knowledge that Star Trek was a live-action series before it was a Saturday-morning cartoon, Kevin Dilmore is continually grateful for his professional involvement on the fiction and the nonfiction sides of the Star Trek universe for nearly a decade. Since 1997, he has been a contributing writer to Star Trek Communicator, penning news stories and personality profiles for the bimonthly publication of the Official Star Trek Fan Club. (TM), (R), & (c) 2012 CBS Studios, Inc. Star Trek and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Author(s)Dayton Ward
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication08/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleStar Trek
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStar Trek
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.