All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a much needed textbook on fixed stars and their relationship to the natal planets. Bernadette Brady (Brady's Book of Fixed Stars, Samuel Weiser, 1998) has a mission - and that mission is to draw astrologers closer to the foundations of their art, bringing the glory and magnitude of the fixed stars into every day astrology, where she firmly believes they belong. With our light-polluted skies and busy lives, it is easy to practise a form of astrology where we never actually look out at the stars or planets - and in doing so the author shows that we lose vital astrological information about our natal relationship to the heavens. This book offers rare material on the detailed interpretations of an individual's natal heliacal rising and setting stars; these stars yield insight into the nature of one's soul and spiritual path. Additionally, the author gives a comprehensive listing of the meaning of every star when combined with all the planets and dal axis, for natal as well as predictive use. Tables are provided to help the reader find their own key stars for their time of birth allowing them to work with, and embrace, the sky using the methods that were first employed at the dawn of astrology.
- Author BiographyBernadette Brady is a professional astrologer who holds a Masters degree in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology from Bath Spa University, England. Her research work in fixed stars is contained in her innovative book Brady's Book of Fixed Stars (Samuel Weiser, 1998) in which she suggests a return to the visual use of stars. From these ideas Bernadette co-authored the visual astrology software package Starlight (Zyntara Publications 2002). Bernadette's journey continues in this new book. Her other books are: Predictive Astrology : The Eagle and the Lark (Weiser, 1992 & 1998), now heralded as a classic, and Astrology, a place in chaos (The Wessex Astrologer 2006) which is her Masters dissertation, on the mapping of chaos theory and complexity science to astrology. Bernadette is also the co-author of research astrological software Jigsaw (Astrolabe 1994, 1999).
- Author(s)Bernadette Brady
- PublisherWessex Astrologer Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2008
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Place of PublicationBournemouth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWessex Astrologer Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight487 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.