All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA concise, jargon-free guide to learning what Buddhist meditation is and isn't with advice on how to start a meditation practice. If you want to meditate but have idea where to begin, this book by best-selling author and Buddhist teacher Susan Piver will help you: it contains everything you need to kw to start a meditation practice and, even more important, to continue one. It defines what meditation is (and what it is t); dispels the three most common misconceptions about it; advises ways around obstacles; addresses the most frequently asked questions; and shows how meditation can have positive impact on relationships, creativity, and difficult emotions. However, Piver presents meditation as something more than the self-help technique du jour it is a path to love, joy, and courage. This book contains two self-paced programs to help you start here w!
- Author BiographySUSAN PIVER is an author, meditation instructor, and founder of the virtual mindfulness community, the Open Heart Project. She has taught thousands of people how to meditate. Her books include How Not to Be Afraid of Your Own Life, The Wisdom of a Broken Heart, and the New York Times bestseller The Hard Questions. She has appeared on Oprah, The Today Show, The CBS Early Show, The Tyra Banks Show, and other national television programs in connection with her books. She leads workshops and retreats around the world.
- Author(s)Susan Piver
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/10/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width108 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.