All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractical advice on starting a career in the video game industry and improving your design skills. This is your opportunity to learn from the lead designer of such commercial and critically successful video games as Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age: Origins. Discover how the author started his career, the pitfalls he encountered and how he overcame them. Written by an industry veteran with over ten years experience working for a major games studio. The Lazy Designer is geared primarily towards those looking to start a career in the games industry. It discusses how to obtain a design position, such as a writer, level designer, or game system designer. Though written specifically for the game designer most of the advice will be of interest to any newcomer to the industry. Along the way the author explores his own experiences with game development and the difficulties he encountered adjusting to life at his dream job. With practical and blunt advice, the Lazy Designer will give you the skills necessary for becoming a valued, and maybe even essential, member of any development team.
- Author BiographyBrent Knowles is a writer, programmer, and game designer. He worked at the role-playing game studio BioWare for ten years (Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age), during most of which he was a Lead Designer/Creative Director. Now he writes full time. He has been published in a variety of magazines including Neo-Opsis, On Spec, and Abyss and Apex. In 2009 Brent placed first in the third quarter of the Writer's of the Future Contest with his story 'Digital Rights'.
- Author(s)MR Brent Knowles
- PublisherYourothermind Media
- Date of Publication08/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYourothermind Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.