All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionStarting and running your own gift shop is a realistic and achievable dream. It needs specific training or qualifications and large capital outlay - and at whatever stage of the ecomic cycle it happens to be, if you follow a few simple rules you can generate a profitable income. In the early 1990s, author Val Clark took GBP6000 redundancy money and opened her own gift shop in a small seaside town. It was such a success that six months later she opened a second shop. Give yourself a head start by following the advice in this book to make sure your business is built on solid foundations. It will tell you: How to research your business idea to ensure it will be a success; What you need to do to turn your idea into reality; How to manage yourself, your stock and your money to power ahead through good times and bad. A successful shop is one which: Is well located; Keeps costs low; Offers something unique and keeps its customers coming back. Contents: 1. Setting up; 2. Buying stock in the UK; 3. Making the sale; 4. Up and running; 5. Looking after the money; 6. Security in the shop; 7. Staffing; 8. Buying abroad and importing; 9. Developing your business; 10. Internet trading; 11. Top ten tips in retail.
- Author BiographyAuthor Val Clark has over ten years' experience of starting up shops, running and selling them as well as importing and wholesaling. She has traded in a wide variety of goods, from clothing to furniture. Her latest venture, a mainstream gift and jewellery shop, opened in September 2007. This business is thriving, proving that her methods are successful and that times of economic downturn are also times of opportunity for the canny shopkeeper.
- Author(s)Val Clark
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication22/06/2009
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.