About this product
- DescriptionReaders who have been waiting for a worthy successor to Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games will find it here. Dystopian sci-fi at its best, Starters is a terrific series kickoff with a didn't-see-that-coming conclusion that will leave readers on the edges of their seats . . . raves the Los Angeles Times. In the future, teens rent their bodies to seniors who want to be young again. One girl discovers her renter plans to do more than party--her body will commit murder, if her mind can't stop it. Sixteen-year-old Callie lost her parents when the gecide spore wiped out everyone except those who were vaccinated first--the very young and very old. With grandparents to claim Callie and her little brother, they go on the run, living as squatters, and fighting off unclaimed renegades who would kill for a cookie. Hope comes via Prime Destinations, run by a mysterious figure kwn only as The Old Man. He hires teens to rent their bodies to seniors, kwn as enders, who get to be young again. Callie's neurochip malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her rich renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, even dating Blake, the grandson of a senator. It's a fairy-tale new life . . . until she uncovers the Body Bank's horrible plan. . . . STARTERS is a smart, swift, inventive, altogether gripping story. Callie Woodland, the narrator, deserves a series, and happily I am sure she'll get one! Dean Koontz
- Author BiographyLISSA PRICEis the award-winning international bestselling author of STARTERS, published in over thirty countries. She has lived in India and Japan but now resides in Los Angeles. You can visit her atwww.LissaPrice.com. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author(s)Lissa Price
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width145 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.