All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years the Scandinavian has been catapulted into the limelight, and it has w firmly established itself as an opening to be reckoned with. Why has it become popular? Because it's easy to play - in the majority of lines Black relies upon the same system of development. Also there's still relatively little theory when compared to mainline defences to 1 e4. One further attraction is that it can lead to both tactical and positional play - there is something to suit all styles of player. Opening expert Jovanka Houska has successfully played both sides of the Scandinavian, and in this book she reveals everything you need to kw, whether you are playing it as Black or facing it with White. The Everyman Chess Starting Out series has firmly established itself as the leading guide to studying openings for up-and-coming players. These books are distinguished by their easy-to-read layout, the lucid explanations of the fundamentals, and the abundance of tes, tips and warnings to help the reader absorb vital ideas. Starting Out opening books are ideal for enthusiastic chess players who have little experience of the openings in question and who wish to appreciate the essential principles behind them. This book features a user-friendly design to assist readers. It concentrates on the fundamental principles of the openings. It is ideal for improvers, club players, and tournament players.
- Author BiographyIn 2006 Jovanka Houska won the English Chess Federation Player of the Year award, the first time a female chess player had received this prestigious recognition. Highlights of her career so far include winning the European Girls Junior Championship, representing the English team at numerous Chess Olympiads and qualifying for the 2006 Women's World Championship. Her first book for Everyman Chess, Play the Caro-Kann, was very well received by both reviewers and the chess public.
- Author(s)Jovanka Houska
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication02/10/2009
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.