All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe new teacher's handbook for understanding the roles, responsibilities, and relationships of teaching! Teaching is one of the most exciting careers you can choose. It's also one of the most challenging, especially when you are first stepping into your new classroom. Presenting time-tested strategies specifically for new classroom instructors, Starting Strong, Second Edition, is the ideal survival guide for navigating through your crucial first year of teaching. Starting at the beginning, the authors offer basic classroom layout suggestions for an optimal learning environment and frameworks any vice teacher can use to establish procedures that promote positive individual and group behavior. Moving from classroom management to instructional responsibilities, this indispensable resource offers clear guidelines for designing curriculum and instruction and methods for effective assessment. Additional how-to features include: * Samples of oral and written communication for parents and colleagues * Ways to create classroom newsletters * Techniques for using Web sites for interactive learning * Reflection questions for teachers at the end of each chapter With plenty of food-for-thought ideas to evaluate your own practice, this invaluable text helps teachers gain confidence and competence and reduce stress during that all-important first year!
- Author BiographyKristen J. Nelson worked as an elementary and middle school teacher before becoming an educational administrator for a large suburban school district in Orange County, California. She currently resides with her husband and two daughters in San Celemente, California. Kim Bailey has more than 29 years of experience in education. She currently resides with her husband and family in Southern California.
- Author(s)Kimberley Bailey,Kristen J. Nelson
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight871 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.