Starting Your Career as an Artist: A Guide to Launching a Creative Life by Angie Wojak, Stacy Miller (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this comprehensive manual, veteran art career professionals Angie Wojak and Stacy Miller show aspiring artists how to evaluate their goals and create a plan of action to advance their professional careers, and use their talents to build productive lives in the art world. In addition, the book includes insightful interviews with professional artists and well-kwn players in the art scene. The second edition features a new chapter on social media and includes interviews with artists, museum professionals, and educators. All chapters cover topics essential to the emerging artist, such as: *Using social media to advance your practice *Health and safety for artists *Artist's resumes and CVs *Finding alternative exhibition venues *Building community through networking *Collaborating and finding mentors *Refining career aspirations This invaluable resource is sure to encourage and inspire artists to create their own opportunities as they learn how the creativity that occurs inside the studio can be applied to developing a successful career in the art world. Allworth Press, an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing, publishes a broad range of books on the visual and performing arts, with emphasis on the business of art. Our titles cover subjects such as graphic design, theater, branding, fine art, photography, interior design, writing, acting, film, how to start careers, business and legal forms, business practices, and more. While we don't aspire to publish a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are deeply committed to quality books that help creative professionals succeed and thrive. We often publish in areas overlooked by other publishers and welcome the author whose expertise can help our audience of readers.
- Author BiographyAngie Wojak is the director of career development at the School of Visual Arts in New York City. Wojak has also served as the director of career services at Columbia University's School of the Arts and Parsons the New School for Design. She has lectured on art and design career topics at universities and conferences including Cannes Lions International, Harvard, and the Pratt Institute. She lives in New York City with her husband. Stacy Miller has worked as the director of research and professional development at the College Art Association as well as the director of art and design education at Parsons the New School for Design. She teaches in the photography department at Parsons and is creating a web-based start-up for artists to help advocate for, design with, and discuss how their creative lives can flourish. She lives in New Rochelle, New York.
- Author(s)Angie Wojak,Stacy Miller
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.