All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionDeborah Pearlman and Abby Finer of the Warner Bros. Television Writers Workshop reveal in this essential guide insider tips and tricks aimed at paving the way to better scripts by new writers. The book focuses on all aspects of writing for television, from the definition and importance of sample material to what it takes to be a successful TV writer. The authors offer invaluable insider information on the keys to writing a good script and how to choose the right show for sample material. In particular, they provide instruction on troubleshooting scripts - with a do and don't list. For the vice scriptwriter, they include advice on how to research, brainstorm ideas, and write a beat sheet and outline through to a polished draft. Filled with practical advice and up-to-date industry information, each chapter provides strategies and insights that will jumpstart a fledgling writing career toward success.
- Author BiographyDeborah Pearlman has been working with television writers since 1989. She has worked for USA Network, Bright Kauffman Crane (Friends) and has been director of the Warner Bros. Television Writing Program since 2001. Abby Finer has worked in television for over eleven years in scripted and non-scripted programming. In addition to writing this book, she is an executive producer of a comedy cable series Kenny vs. Spenny that airs in the U.S. and Canada. She resides in New York City.
- Author(s)Abby Finer,Deborah Pearlman
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.