All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is intended for a one-semester introductory programming course for students with limited programming experience. It is also appropriate for readers interested in introductory programming. ' In Starting Out with Python(R), Third Edition Tony Gaddis' evenly-paced, accessible coverage introduces students to the basics of programming and prepares them to transition into more complicated languages. Python, an easy-to-learn and increasingly popular object-oriented language, allows readers to become comfortable with the fundamentals of programming without the troublesome syntax that can be challenging for vices. With the kwledge acquired using Python, students gain confidence in their skills and learn to recognize the logic behind developing high-quality programs. Starting Out with Python discusses control structures, functions, arrays, and pointers before objects and classes. As with all Gaddis texts, clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise and practical real-world examples, detail-oriented explanations, and an abundance of exercises appear in every chapter. ' MyProgrammingLab for Starting Out with Python is a total learning package. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams-resulting in better performance in the course-and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress. ' Teaching and Learning Experience This program presents a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. It will help: *Personalize Learning with MyProgrammingLab: Through the power of practice and immediate personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab helps students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming.*Enhance Learning with the Gaddis Approach: Gaddis's accessible approach features clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise real-world examples, and exercises in every chapter. *Support Instructors and Students: Student and instructor resources are available to expand on the topics presented in the text. *Keep Your Course Current: This edition's programs have been tested with Python 3.3.2. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyProgrammingLab does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyProgrammingLab' search for ISBN-10: 0133862259/ISBN-13: 978013386225 . That package includes ISBN-10: 0133582736/ISBN-13: 9780133582734' and ISBN-10: 0133759113 /ISBN-13: 9780133759112. MyProgrammingLab is t a self-paced techlogy and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
- Author BiographyTony Gaddis is the principal author of the Starting Out With series of textbooks. Tony has nearly two decades of experience teaching computer science courses, primarily at Haywood Community College. He is a highly acclaimed instructor who was previously selected as the North Carolina Community College Teacher of the Year and has received the Teaching Excellence award from the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development. The Starting Out With series includes introductory books covering C++, Java(TM), Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R), Microsoft(R) C#(R), Python(R), Programming Logic and Design, Alice, and App Inventor, all published by Pearson. More information about all these books can be found at www.pearsonhighered.com/gaddisbooks.
- Author(s)Tony Gaddis
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication23/01/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Out-of-print date11/09/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight994 g
- Width204 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.