All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is Faberge unique? What is champleve enamel? Why should emeralds be regarded with suspicion? Which jewels contain miniature coffins? Starting to Collect Antique Jewellery tracks the progress of jewellery designs from early times to the twentieth-century, assisting the professional jeweller, the collector and the student in making informed and balanced judgments upon scores of crucial topics - from the setting of old gems, to fakes and forgeries. This book is superbly illustrated with hundreds of colour photographs provided by auction houses, dealers, leading shops and private collectors. From Castellani to Cartier, from hair combs to cameos, Starting to Collect Antique Jewellery represents a key companion which is relevant, readable and comprehensively informative.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Benjamin served a four-year apprenticeship at Cameo Corner, the Bloomsbury antique jewellers specialising in rare and historic jewellery from Ancient Rome to the nineteenth-century. He was International Director of Jewellery for Philips Fine Art Auctioneers, before setting up on his own as an independent jewellery consultant in 1999. A lecturer, writer and broadcaster, he has lectured extensively to professional groups, universities and societies in Britain, Europe and America, and regularly appears on BBC Television's Antiques Roadshow. He is a fellow of the Gemmological Association and was admitted to the Goldsmith's Company in 2000.
- Author(s)John Benjamin
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleStarting to collect
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note370 colour illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width195 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.