All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a new introduction to Sartre, guiding the student through the key concepts on his work by examining the overall development of his ideas. Jean-Paul Sartre is widely regarded as one of the most important and influential philosophers and writers of the twentieth century. His enduring influence in philosophy and literature is immense and his contributions to theories of human freedom and responsibility, creative agency, existence, bad faith and good faith, human possibility, anguish and authenticity, the 'self', morality, and the problems of evil and injustice fascinate students, scholars and general readers alike. Starting with Sartre provides an accessible introduction to the life and work of this hugely significant thinker. Clearly structured according to Sartre's central ideas, the book leads the reader through a thorough overview of the development of his thought, resulting in a more thorough understanding of the roots of his philosophical concerns. Crucially it also introduces the major philosophical thinkers whose work proved influential in the development of his thought, including Plato, Descartes, Kant, Hegel, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Heidegger, Husserl and Freud. This is the ideal introduction for anyone coming to the work of this challenging thinker for the first time. Continuum's Starting with ...series offers clear, concise and accessible introductions to the key thinkers in philosophy. The books explore and illuminate the roots of each philosopher's work and ideas, leading readers to a thorough understanding of the key influences and philosophical foundations from which his or her thought developed. Ideal for first-year students starting out in philosophy, the series will serve as the ideal companion to study of this fascinating subject.
- Author BiographyGail Linsenbard teaches philosophy at New York University, USA.
- Author(s)Gail Linsenbard
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- Series TitleStarting with...
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.