Startup Stories: Lessons Learned from a Startup's Launch, Grind, and Growth by Jordan Raynor (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description#1 Amazon Best Seller in Entrepreneurship, Startups, Invation, and Christian Business categories This book is for anyone who has ever dreamed of starting something. Thinking about starting your own company? Curious about what startup life is really like? Looking to commiserate over the brutality that is the road called entrepreneurship? This book is for you. In Startup Stories, serial entrepreneur Jordan Rayr gives an honest look at what it takes to launch a company, grind through startup life, and grow a business from the ground up. Using stories from his most recent endeavor (Citizinvestor - the largest crowdfunding platform for government projects in the U.S., currently valued at $3,500,000), Jordan shares a series of lessons that are critical for any entrepreneur to learn. In this short book, you'll hear Jordan share stories about: How he met his startup spouse and learned what makes a great business partnership Why his team wrote stories about their product before registering a domain name or hiring a developer Raising capital from Silicon Valley and friends and family The wild emotional roller coaster ride startups put you through How he gets meetings with amazing people simply by having the audacity to ask How to be content regardless of the success or failure of your startup This won't feel like ather how to book. Rayr's casual style will make you feel as if the two of you are swapping stories over your favorite cup of coffee. If you've ever been interested in starting something, you'll want to start reading Startup Stories today. An excerpt from Startup Stories: In a few minutes, I was to take the stage following an amazing fireside chat with Chris Hughes, a Co-founder of Facebook and the leader of the Obama campaign's historic My Barack Obama social network. If that wasn't cool eugh, the rest of the lineup of speakers at the event included the CEOs of The New York Times, The Guardian, and Tumblr; the CTO of Amazon.com; a General Partner of Andreessen Horowitz, and a former United States Senator. And then there was me, Jordan Rayr, a Co- founder of a company one could properly prounce. To say I was out of my league would be an epic understatement. As a friend of mine said to me a few days before the speech, Dude, I think you're great and all, but you have business being on that stage. My friend was right. So how did this happen? Mostly through grace. In my short career as an entrepreneur, I have been blessed immeasurably with amazing opportunities I did t earn or deserve. But as I inched closer to the edge of my seat, ready to charge the podium, I couldn't help but think that one of the reasons I was there was because the team at our young startup had decided to solve a real problem. By focusing on a problem of such great importance, we have gained access to more amazing people and opportunities in two years than most people get in a lifetime. We have been invited to The White House to talk about what implications crowdfunding might have on the federal government; we were featured alongside a movie with Matt Damon; we were flown to France to address the Council of Europe; we had tea with the Lieutenant Goverr of California. Even if Citizinvestor were to fail, the experiences we have had along the way would have made it all worthwhile. I believe these experiences are a direct result of us tackling a significant problem.
- Author BiographyJordan Raynor is a serial entrepreneur who has spent his career using technology to solve real problems in politics, government, and business. He is a Co-founder of Citizinvestor - the largest crowdfunding platform for government projects in the United States. In 2011, Jordan's first company was acquihired by Engage - deemed a mega-interactive agency by Mashable. At Engage, Jordan's team lead digital strategy for some of the most high-profile politicians in the world including Paul Ryan, John Boehner, and Tim Pawlenty. In 2013, Jordan was named one of four appointees to the State of Florida's User Experience Task Force. He has twice been selected as a Google Fellow and served as a White House intern in 2006. A highly sought-after public speaker, Jordan has spoken at major events such as TEDx, SXSW, the World Forum for Democracy, and The Guardian's Activate Summit. Jordan is a sixth generation Floridian currently residing in Tampa, Florida with his wife, Kara.
- Author(s)Jordan Raynor
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date01/10/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.