All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor a lot of people, creation is their livelihood. For others, it's where their livelihood ought to be. As Richard Florida wrote in his 2004 book, The Rise of the Creative Class, Stimulating and glamorous as it may sometimes be, creativity is in fact work...The creative ethos is built on discipline and focus, sweat and blood. All music, art, movies, writings and games were brought into being by their creators - and for these creators to have created them, there was some underlying motivation to do so. Without their creators and their motivations, creative works simply would t be. Why then, in today's Internet culture, is all creative work expected to be free? Why is it that some individuals feel it is their right to take things that do t belong to them, without receiving any permission to do so? Why, in the Internet culture of free, are those creations we enjoy and value most the ones that we are most likely to simply take? This is t a book about copyright, r is it a book about the evils of free. This is a book about right and wrong. This is a book about respect. This is a book about the value of creative work. This is a book for the creators. May you keep on creating.
- Author BiographyWith over a decade of professional experience in the online space, William F. Aicher, Musicnotes.com's Director of Web and Marketing, has ridden the tidal waves of the Internet - from the early boom days, through the dot-com bust, and back to reality.
- Author(s)William F Aicher
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.