All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionDo countries keep their promises to the international community? When they sign treaties or learn about new expectations, do they take them seriously and implement them? Since we already kw intuitively that t all countries do, the next question - and the topic of this book - is: who complies? By considering a wide range of different rules - each precise eugh to allow one to measure state compliance - and a variety of methods, we hope to answer this question once and for all. Including a systematic analysis of 8 different countries selected for the variety of regime type, international engagement and ecomic development they represent, the work caps a five-year research program and represents the culmination of twenty years' worth of work in the disciplines of international relations and international law on legalization and compliance. Stiles highlights the importance of systematic study of compliance in order to move further towards solving truly global issues, such as terrorism, human trafficking, air pollution and collective goods provision. With international laws generally designed to improve the human condition and current levels of compliance inconsistent at best, it is vital to gain a better understanding of who complies and why. This detailed study will be of interest to students of Politics, International Law and International Relations.
- Author BiographyKendall Stiles is Professor of Political Science at Brigham Young University in Utah, USA. He teaches International Relations with an emphasis on law and institutions.
- Author(s)Kendall Stiles
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 56 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.