All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive analysis on the rise, assertion and dominance of the New Hindu Right forces in civil society This book unravels the complex linkages between the State, civil society and security under neoliberal conditions by locating the Hindu Right assertion in India. It illustrates the ideological trajectory of Hindutva and its mobilisational strategies through intervention in civil society, using 'security' as a critical category of engagement. State and Civil Society under Siege also focuses on the electoral performance of the BJP through successive elections. The success story of Bharatiya Janata Party from its poor electoral performance in the 1980s to its victory in 2014 is explained in context of the performance of Hindutva forces in civil society.
- Author BiographyP. M. Joshy is Assistant Professor at the Postgraduate Department and Research Centre of Political Science, Sree Narayana College, Kollam affiliated to the University of Kerala. Earlier, he served as Deputy Director, Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) project at the Department of Politics and International Studies, Pondicherry University. He has also worked as a Lecturer (ad hoc) at the School of International Relations and Politics (SIRP), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala. He has contributed research articles to many national and international journals such as South Asian Journal of Diplomacy, International Journal of South Asian Studies, Indian Journal of Politics and International Relations, Indian Journal of Politics, and Indian Journal of Public Administration as well as in many edited volumes. His research interests include political theory, state and society in South Asia, and security studies. K. M. Seethi is Professor and Director of the School of International Relations and Politics (SIRP) and former Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU), Kerala. He served in SIRP for nearly three decades and became Chairman, Centre for Cross-National Communication in South Asia, MGU in 2009. He also serves as the Honorary Director of the KN Raj Centre, MGU. The books authored by Professor Seethi include Coastal Security: Needed A New Look (2010), Engaging with the World: Critical Reflections on India's Foreign Policy, edited with Rajen Harshe (2005/2009) and others. He has contributed several articles in national and international journals such as Millennium, South Asian Journal of Diplomacy, Economic and Political Weekly, Indian Journal of Political Science, Indian Journal of Politics and International Relations and others. He is also the Editor of South Asian Journal of Diplomacy, Indian Journal of Politics and International Relations and Journal of Political Economy and Fiscal Federalism. His research interests include issues of security, foreign policy, human rights, environment and political theory.
- Author(s)K. M. Seethi,P. M. Joshy
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE India
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.