All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf we do t understand precarization, then we understand neither the politics r the ecomy of the present. After years of the welfare state, the rise of techlogy, combined with neoliberal governmental apparatuses have established a new society of the precarious. In this new way of the world, productivity is t just connected to labor in the traditional sense of work hours, but more totally, to the formation of the self: work becomes performative and affective, and personal identities seep more and more into working ones. This new mode of being has ather side, however: it can lead to new forms of self-organisation, resistance, and exodus. In it we see the emergence of a new and disobedient self-government of the precarious.
- Author BiographyIsabell Lorey, political scientist, teaches political theory and gender studies at the University of Vienna and at the University of Basel.
- Author(s)Isabelle Lorey
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight299 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.