All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionState of Mind , the lavishly illustrated companion book to the exhibition of the same name, investigates California's vital contributions to Conceptual art - in particular, work that emerged in the late 1960s among scattered groups of young artists. The essays reveal connections between the rthern and southern California Conceptual art scenes and argue that Conceptualism's experimental practices and an array of then-new media - performance, site-specific installations, film and video, mail art, and artists' publications - continue to exert an ermous influence on the artists working today.
- Author BiographyConstance Lewallen is adjunct curator at the Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive and the author of several UC Press titles, including Ant Farm 1968-1978 and A Rose Has No Teeth: Bruce Nauman in the 1960s. Karen Moss is adjunct curator at the Orange County Museum of Art.
- Author(s)Constance M. Lewallen,Karen Moss
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note64 color illustrations, 123 b/w photographs
- Weight944 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.