All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionState of the Nation: South Africa 2012-2013 offers 32 diverse angles on poverty and inequality in contemporary South Africa in one compelling and comprehensive collection. Five sections dealing with politics, ecomics, society, health and environment and the global context, each start with an introduction followed by chapters which analyse burning issues and highlight long-term and recent trends, with a focus on policies and practice. The in-depth analyses deal with ideology and modern and traditional leadership; the role of national, provincial and local government in poverty alleviation; development, ecomic growth, employment creation and housing; the media; social cohesion; HIV and AIDS; the proposed National Health Insurance; Millenium Development Goals; climate change; regionalism and continental power relations; South African security interventions in Africa; Chinese in South Africa; and the impact of global ecomics on South Africa.
- Author BiographyUdesh Pillay is the deputy CEO of management support at the Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC). Gerard Hagg is a chief research specialist in the democracy and governance and service delivery (DGSD) research program at the HSRC. Francis Nyamnjoh is a professor of social anthropology at the University of Cape Town. Jonathan Jansen is rector and vice chancellor of the University of the Free State and president of the South African Institute of Race Relations. He is a prominent author and speaker on educational matters around the world.
- PublisherHSRC Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintHSRC Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1195 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byFrancis B. Nyamnjoh,Gerard Hagg,Jonathan D. Jansen,Udesh Pillay
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.