Statehouse and Greenhouse: The Emerging Politics of American Climate Change Policy by Barry G. Rabe (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo environmental issue triggers such feelings of hopelessness as global climate change. Many areas of the world, including regions of the United States, have experienced a wide range of unusually dramatic weather events recently. Much climate change analysis forecasts horrors of biblical proportions, such as massive floods, habitat loss, species loss, and epidemics related to warmer weather. Such accounts of impending disaster have helped trigger extreme reactions, wherein some observers simply dismiss global climate change as, at the very worst, a mir inconvenience requiring modest adaptation. It is perhaps surprise, therefore, that an American federal government kwn for institutional gridlock has accomplished virtually thing in this area in the last decade. Policy inertia is t the story of this book, however. Statehouse and Greenhouse examines the surprising evolution of state-level government policies on global climate change. Environmental policy analyst Barry Rabe details a diverse set of invative cases, offering detailed analysis of state-level policies designed to combat global warming. The book explains why state invation in global climate change has been relatively vigorous and why it has drawn so little attention thus far. Rabe draws larger potential lessons from this recent flurry of American experience. Statehouse and Greenhouse helps to move debate over global climate change from bombast to the realm of what is politically and technically feasible.
- Author BiographyBarry G. Rabe is a professor of environmental policy in the School of Natural Resources and Environment and professor of public policy in the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy at the University of Michigan, USA. He also directs the university's new Program in Environment. Rabe is the author of two previous Brookings books, When Federalism Works and Beyond NIMBY .
- Author(s)Barry G. Rabe
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication17/02/2004
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight18 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.30Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $18.70Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.