All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith vivid firsthand descriptions of Asia's most cosmopolitan city from the 1920s to the 1950s, this recollection chronicles Liliane Willens' life and trials in Shanghai as China collapsed under the weight of foreign invaders and civil war. Engaging and often humorous, this unique memoir relates Willens' experiences as a Jewish Russian living in early Communist China.
- Author BiographyLiliane Willens is a former professor at Boston College and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Now retired, she lectures on China and Old Shanghai. She lives in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)Liliane Willens
- PublisherEarnshaw Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEarnshaw Books
- Weight408 g
- Width145 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.