All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBasher History: States and Capitals is the follow-up title to the bestselling Basher History: U.S. Presidents. This unique and comprehensive guide to 50 states (plus DC and the six territories) presents each state in the hip Basher fashion. Who better than Basher to give each state a face, voice, and personality and to give kids a fun, unusual but really information-packed gazetteer of their country. From Alabama to Wyoming, and everywhere in between, each state boasts about why it is special, dishes fun facts t found elsewhere, and waxes poetics about its motto, state bird, flag, state flower, and more! Find out how Connecticut got to be called the Provision State, why Georgia is nuts about nuts and why Illiis is called the Land of Lincoln.
- Author BiographySimon Basher is the creator and illustrator of more than a dozen internationally bestselling books for children including the critically acclaimed Basher Science series. Dan Green is the voice of Basher, the author of numerous Basher titles including Physics, Biology, Astronomy, Rocks and Minerals and Human Body. Dr Edward L. Widmer (historical consultant) is currently based at Brown University, Rhode Island, USA. He served as a speechwriter for President Clinton, has written a book on Martin van Buren and co-authored a book on presidential races. Dolores York (editorial consultant) is an experienced author and editor, formerly editorial director of Reader's Digest USA.
- Author(s)Dan Green
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleBasher History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKingfisher Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/02/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width180 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Poster
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.