All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWhile many Civil War reference books exist, there is single compendium that contains important details about the combatant states (and territories) that Civil War researchers can readily access for their work. People looking for information about the organizations, activities, ecomies, demographics, and prominent personalities of Civil War States and state governments must assemble data from a variety of sources, with many key sources remaining unavailable online. This crucial reference book, the fourth in the States at War series, provides vital information on the organization, activities, ecomies, demographics, and prominent personalities of Delaware, Maryland, and New Jersey during the Civil War. Its principal sources include the Official Records, state adjutant-general reports, legislative journals, state and federal legislation, federal and state executive speeches and proclamations, and the general and special orders issued by the military authorities of both governments, North and South. Designed and organized for easy use by professional historians and amateurs, this book can be read in two ways: by individual state, with each chapter offering a stand-alone history of an individual state's war years; or across states, comparing reactions to the same event or solutions to the same problems.
- Author BiographyRICHARD F. MILLER's most recent books are In Words and Deeds: Battle Speeches in History, A Carrier at War: On Board the USS Kitty Hawk in the Iraq War, and Harvard's Civil War: The History of the Twentieth Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry. He is an independent scholar.
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of New England
- Content Note3 maps
- Weight1737 g
- Width198 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Edited byRichard F. Miller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.